[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0308 (Last Message Correction)

Mark Rejhon markybox at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 02:36:45 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 7:09 AM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
> Although this needs some thought to handle XHTML-IM, and it may prove
> impossible - though we've done worse things with FLOTs before.

Been away, so replying late, too.

>From first glance, XEP-0308 doesn't seem incompatible with XHTML-IM.
It seems to be "naturally" usable with stanzas containing XHTML-IM --
just send a standard XHTML-IM message (with both <body/> and <html/>)
but also include a <replace/> in stanza.  Problem solved.   The exact
same reasonable UI suggestion can be followed as well.

Can you explain the situation of impossibility?   I am interested in your POV.

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon