[Standards] Question regarding XEP-0077 (In-Band Registration)

Todd Herman todd at apx-labs.com
Thu Sep 20 14:53:48 UTC 2012

I wanted to confirm something in section 3.1.1 of XEP-0077.  It seems to suggest that you can register with a server prior to authentication, meaning that no account is required.  We are attempting to do this, using OpenFire, right after TLS but before SASL.  The appropriate Iq is sent and we get the correct response.  However, when we send the next Iq with the username and password, we get back a Failure element with "Not-Authorized".  I wanted to be sure that I am understanding section 3.1.1 correctly before I pursue other options.

Thanks,
Todd Herman