[Standards] Question regarding XEP-0077 (In-Band Registration)

Todd Herman todd at apx-labs.com
Fri Sep 21 15:32:28 UTC 2012

I apologize for not responding sooner but the issue is now resolved.  It was an issue with SASL still happening do to an asynchronous operation running in the background.  I think we may have an additional question as we have a new discrepancy but we are conducting some additional testing before bringing it up.  I might be able to head off some questions by asking everyone what they think the term "service", referenced in the XEP is referring too.

The XEP lays out two distinct uses for in-band registration:  a service registering (I assume on behalf of another user) and the user registering themselves during the negotiation process with a server.  We have handled the second case and are working on the first.  We assumed that "service" referred to some application (client or component) that already has an account and would simply use the registration process to register another use.  Is this an accurate assumption?

Thanks for the response.