[Standards] Application-level delivery notification between server and client

Daniele Ricci daniele.athome at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 19:51:45 UTC 2013

Hi Kevin,
XEP 198 lets you acknowlege every stanza in the stream. I want
something more specific. Something to confirm messages and return
(together with the ack) a message identifier - which is actually a
server-side message ID). And all of that in a "paranoid way": when a
message is sent, server sends ack back (with message ID); when a
message is delivered, client sends an ack back to the server.

I had to make my own extension for that (basically an extension to the
<message/> stanza), similar to XEP 184, but server-managed; do you
think I could use some existing XEP for this job? Would it worth it to
write a new one?

--
Daniele