[Standards] Vcard4 implementation in Movim

Valérian Saliou valerian at valeriansaliou.name
Tue Aug 13 18:17:00 UTC 2013

Hey,

The transition to vCard4 could be made possible by having one single vCard module that would handle both the legacy vcard-temp and the newest vCard4. The module would put an abstraction layer over the legacy vCard thing so that it can handle/serve the set/get for vcard-temp also, while storing and managing database vCard data as if it was all-vCard4.

Then, the clients still storing vcard-temp (that said, all the clients available as of today - except OneSocialWeb and probably BuddyCloud), would not have to be updated so that the vCard4 compatible clients can retrieve the proper/new vCard4 of an user only storing vcard-temp.

We are really looking forward to implementing vCard4 XEP in Jappix, too - as we work closely with the Movim team!

We can also look into making such an hybrid Prosody/Metronome module to handle that idea.

Cheers,

--

Valérian Saliou

Jappix & FrenchTouch Web Agency founder.
Uno IM product lead.

More about me on my personal page.