[Standards] Categories in the Bookmarks XEP

Jaussoin Timothée edhelas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 20:09:25 UTC 2013

Le 15/08/2013 19:47, Peter Saint-Andre a écrit :
> On 8/15/13 2:26 AM, Jaussoin Timothée wrote:
>> I have implemented the Bookmarks XEP
>> (http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0048.html) in Movim (http://movim.eu/)
>> to store the conferences, URL and subscribed Pubsub feeds of the user.
>>
>> Maybe it can be a great idea to add a "category" tag with some "default"
>> categories like news, blog, nsfw... With this kind of feature I'll be
>> able to tag more precisely the Pubsub items and maybe add special
>> behaviours one some of them (like hide by default the content of the
>> nsfw items or display in priority the news items).
> In general, tagging is a good thing. :-)
>
> Do you propose that we add a 'tag' attribute to both the <url/> element
> and the <conference/> element? Would it contain a space-separated list
> of tags?
>
> Peter

Hi !

I've also added a specific element to bookmark the pubsub nodes, this way :

<pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub">
   <items node="storage:bookmarks">
     <item id="current">
         <storage xmlns="storage:bookmarks">
             <conference jid="movim at conference.movim.eu" autojoin="1"
name="Movim">
                 <nick>edhelas</nick>
             </conference>
             <subscription xmlns="urn:xmpp:pubsub:subscription:0"
subid="" node="BouletCorp" server="pubsub.movim.eu">
                 <title/>
             </subscription>
             <subscription xmlns="urn:xmpp:pubsub:subscription:0"
subid="" node="CerealesMatin" server="pubsub.movim.eu">
                 <title/>
             </subscription>
             <subscription xmlns="urn:xmpp:pubsub:subscription:0"
subid="" node="Chez_Kek" server="pubsub.movim.eu">
                 <title/>
             </subscription>
             <subscription xmlns="urn:xmpp:pubsub:subscription:0"
subid="" node="JournalDuGeek" server="pubsub.movim.eu">
                 <title/>
             </subscription>
             <subscription xmlns="urn:xmpp:pubsub:subscription:0"
subid="" node="LinuxFr" server="pubsub.movim.eu">
                 <title/>
             </subscription>
             </storage>
         </item>
   </items>
</pubsub>

We can maybe re-use the same tag system than for the atom elements :

<conference jid="movim at conference.movim.eu" autojoin="1" name="Movim">
     <nick>edhelas</nick>
     <category term="Movim"/>
     <category term="XMPP"/>