[Standards] Get IP addresses of xmpp server( Openfire) logged in users

Mathieu Pasquet mathieui at mathieui.net
Wed Aug 21 11:20:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 09:21:41AM +0530, mayur narole wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to* retrieve the IP addresses of users logged in to xmpp
> server*( openfire ). I want to show the Ip addresses of logged in
> users to my
> *php web application*. I want such *xml stanza like <iq>* which will return
> the IP addresses of users. If possible then please let me know how to
> implement this feature
> I ll be very thankful of you.

Hi,

You have XEP-0133 <http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0133.html> for this.
Specifically, you can retrieve the list of online users, and then
get the user statistics for each one, which contain the IP addresses
of the different ressources of each user.

I think OpenFire implements this XEP.

The downside is that the number of users to fetch is specified with a
list-single, which means you cannot really choose how many you want to
fetch, and most implementations cap to 200 (as in the XEP example). I
don’t know how to go around this, except by patching the server software
to make it accet bigger ranges.

--
Mathieu Pasquet (mathieui)