[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0220 (Server Dialback)

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Wed Aug 21 17:47:58 UTC 2013

Am 21.08.2013 18:01, schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:
[...]
>> Digging out my print copy i found some notes regarding stream
>> compression and session managment in 2.1.1 (after example 3).
>
> Really old thread alert. :-)

Old enough that my print copy which I recently dug out is starting to
fall apart :-)
[...]
> I propose that we make the following change to XEP-0220 in Section 2.1.1:
>
> OLD
> Naturally, the Initiating Server can also enable or negotiate other
> stream features at this point, such as Stream Compression [9] and Stream
> Management [10].
>
> NEW
> Naturally, the Initiating Server can also enable or negotiate other
> stream features at this point.

I'd actually expect stream features to be negotiated before any real
stanzas flow, not mid-session and such text might allow this.

http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-negotiation-flowchart
doesn't return from DONE

> And then start an effort to review and revise XEP-0170.

+1

> The second-listed post was about XEP-0198 and dialback. Here again the
> issue is the order of operations, governed by XEP-0170. So my conclusion
> is the same: let's fix XEP-0170.

+2