[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: COnferences with LIghtweight BRIdging (COLIBRI)

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Thu Dec 5 10:41:27 UTC 2013

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013, Dave Cridland wrote:
> I read this through. It seems in remarkably good shape for a mere protoXEP, and the protocol looks solid, useful, and well-designed.

The protocol is brilliant -- thanks to Emil. I just made it work with the
webrtc API.

It basically leverages the separation of media description and transport
in Jingle to insert the bridge into the media path.

> I do think it would really benefit from having a diagram - it's not obvious who is talking to what and how, and given the signalling paths differ from the media paths, this doesn't help matters much.

Right, I'll see if I can add one showing how to use this with Jingle until
next week. Implementing a conference focus is somewhat complicated, but
the important point is that the clients participating in the colibri
session don't care much, for them it looks like a single session (with
multiple videos).