[Standards] BOSH patches

Justin Karneges justin at affinix.com
Tue Dec 10 22:46:38 UTC 2013

On 12/10/2013 02:36 PM, Lance Stout wrote:
> The moral of the story is that you really only ever need two connections, and you flip between the two whenever you need to send a stanza and the old connection is sent whatever traffic has been buffered.

I'm curious, what's the rationale for the flip-flopping design? It seems
to me that we could have just used a long-polling loop for receiving
data, and then a normal request/response whenever we need to send data.
Not suggesting a change or anything, just wondering why the protocol
works the way it does.

Justin