[Standards] BOSH patches

Christian Schudt christian.schudt at gmx.de
Wed Dec 11 07:35:41 UTC 2013

In the end, there's not only two connections, which flip-flop (one always being an active connection). But there are unlimited connections.

Every time a new request must be sent, a new connection is created, which sends the request and then waits for a response.
If a new request must be sent, while the old request is still holding, it is send over a new connection. The first response is then received.
If there's more data, again a new connection is created.

So, there's no connection 1 and connection 2, which are reused, but new connections are created again and again. There are not more than two concurrent connections, though. At least this is how I understood and implemented it (and it works ;-)).