[Standards] BOSH patches

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Wed Dec 11 11:26:42 UTC 2013

On 10-12-13 22:12, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Hi,

> Lance has sent me an updated patch, which I have applied. The diff
> between 124rc1 and 124rc2 is here:
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0124/diff/1.11rc1/vs/1.11rc2

In section 7.2 now the 'hold' attribute is both defined in the list of
attributes that MUST be present and the list of attributes that SHOULD
be present.

What attributes should be on which list was discussed on summit #13, see
also (for a very short summary):
http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/BoshIssues#Session_Creation_Attributes_Too_Optional

Proposed fix:
Remove the 'hold' that is on the MUST-list and move 'requests' from the
SHOULD-list to the MUST-list.
(This also fixes the still open issue: "Session Creation Attributes Too
Optional")

Then for the overview the issues that were discussed at summit #13 and
that are still open in 1.11rc2:
(see: http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/BoshIssues )

XEP-124:
Session Termination and Sending BOSH Errors (Winfried)
	Open
Better explanation for "1 sometimes 2 HTTP sockets open" mechanism (M&M)
	patch incorporated
	Diagram needs a bit more labelling (M&M)
Session Creation Attributes Too Optional
	Open (see above)
Unclear Terminology (Winfried)
	Open

XEP-206:
'secure' attribute (Bear)
	patch incorporated in XEP-0124
	Note: the 'secure' attribute is still present in the examples
	of XEP-0206
HTTP-layer authentication and XMPP-layer authentication	(Winfried / M&M)
	Open
Unclear Terminology (Winfried)
	Open

Winfried