[Standards] BOSH patches

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Wed Dec 11 11:46:04 UTC 2013

On 11-12-13 08:21, Christian Schudt wrote:

Hi,

> Why can there be more than two concurrent connections ("requests")
> anyway? Or, what's the benefit, if you use, say 5. You said "you only
> ever need two connections". This is something I wondered, too, while
> implementing it.

The only argument I have heard in favour of more than 2 connections is
that it might be easier to implement in some cases. And in theory it
opens the road to more concurrency. In practice more than 2 connections
tend to break things in the situations where you really want to deploy BOSH.

Winfried