[Standards] BOSH patches

Matt Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.net
Wed Dec 11 15:58:43 UTC 2013

On Dec 11, 2013, at 12:21 AM, Christian Schudt <christian.schudt at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yes, "to" should be "from" in 7.2.
>
> Concerning the xs:positiveInteger:
> http://www.w3schools.com/schema/schema_dtypes_numeric.asp
> I am not really sure if a positiveInteger is unbound and an unsignedInt is limited to 32bit. I don't really understand the difference anyway.
> Still, unsignedLong feels more appropriate, no?

The official definition is at < http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#positiveInteger >.  It states that positiveInteger is the infinite set {1, 2, 3, ...}.

To be pedantically correct, we'd have to define our own simpleType, derived from positiveInteger, and upper bounded to (2^53)-1.  Otherwise, since the value can't be less than 1, positiveInteger is the most appropriate.

> Concerning the diagram:
> Thanks, it became more clear, but definitively should have more labels/legends. I thought the left side is the client and the right side is the connection manager.

I'll endeavor to construct that legend, but would not mind any assistance (-:

> Why can there be more than two concurrent connections ("requests") anyway? Or, what's the benefit, if you use, say 5. You said "you only ever need two connections".
> This is something I wondered, too, while implementing it.

In theory, more connections means less latency.  In practice, anything more than 1 held connection (so a maximum of 2 requests) starts to violate the in-order delivery rules from RFC 6120.

- m&m

Matthew A. Miller
< http://goo.gl/LK55L >