[Standards] XEP-0301 0.5 comments [Sections 6 and beyond]

Mark Rejhon markybox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 20:03:48 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 6:21 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:
>>> 6.2.1 - I suspect this should be more prominent than buried inside
>>> Implementation Notes
>>

>> [Comment & Question]
>> I'm glad you think this section is important enough to be part of the
>> Protocol.  Activation Methods is quite an important inclusion in the
>> specification, even though some people may disagree (Gunnar prefers real
>> time text to be activated at all times, for example -- and technically I
>> agree -- but realistcally, implementers want to choose their own activation
>> mechanisms).
>>
>> Perhaps I could split it into a "5.1. Business Rules" section (ala XEP-0085)
>> but I'm not sure that this is appropriate.
>> Alternatively, I can add it as a "6. Business Rules" (bumping Implementation
>> Notes as a section 7)
>> Peter, David, et cetra from XSF, any comments?
>
> I checked some other XEPs and decided it's probably fine where it is.

Kevin,
This is the answer you wrote on Wed, Jul 25, 2012 --
That's why it's still sitting in section 6.2.1 today.

Is there new information today that makes it higher priority today to
remove it from 6.2.1 now,
and create an XEP-0085 style "Business Rules" section (similiar to its
5.1 and 5.5 sections)?

Thanks!
Mark Rejhon