[Standards] Comments on Chat Markers

Spencer MacDonald spencer.macdonald.other at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 12:39:48 UTC 2013

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback,

As I mentioned on another thread, I see no reason why we shouldn't add a
'displayed'/'read' element to XEP-0184, in addition to Chat Markers.

I think as you suggested that it would be wise to point out that Chats
Markers are only heuristics, not having to ack every message with a receipt
is one of the major benefits of using Chat Markers so I wouldn't want to go
down this road.

Regards

Spencer