[Standards] pubsub#notify_sub not mentioned in the use cases of XEP-0060

Hund, Johannes johannes.hund at siemens.com
Fri Jul 5 14:33:58 UTC 2013

 Hello,

I need a way that the node owner gets notified upon subscription.
I found out that pubsub#notify_sub is defined in XEP-0060 which would help for exactly that reason.

However it is not mentioned in the relevant use cases (success cases of chapter 6, especially 6.1.2 and 6.2.2).

Maybe that is the reason why some servers (e.g. Openfire, ejabberd) did not implement this feature?

I could also provide a patch for the XEP, if desired.

With best regards, Johannes