[Standards] Heml.is and federation..

Steffen Larsen zooldk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 18:56:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just stumbled upon https://heml.is, which is a new XMPP client for IOS and Android. Anyone knows these guys?

It uses XMPP and PGP for encryption, but do any of you guys know if they federate?.. What I can see from skimming their page, its yet another silo, due to the fact of PGP and their own infrastructure.
So federation and using your own domain does not seem feasible, right? Anyone want to discuss this and the alternatives besides OTR? Security labels?

When I see something like this I get exited to start with because I actually want something like this on the client/server part, but then later on gets down to earth when it seems out of the standards. Or is it just me?

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards

Steffen Larsen, Founder & CEO
Mobile: +45 51 94 33 33