[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0313 (Message Archive Management)

Yann Leboulanger asterix at lagaule.org
Wed Jul 24 16:46:15 UTC 2013

On 06/11/2013 10:38 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> Version 0.2 of XEP-0313 (Message Archive Management) has been released.
>
> Abstract: This document defines a protocol to query and control an archive of messages stored on a server.
>
> Changelog: Document the ability to page through results by message UIDs, define the<archived/>  element, and various minor improvements. (mw)
>
> Diff: http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0313/diff/0.1/vs/0.2

Some comments:

There sould be a way to retrieve preferences. If I use a new client (on
another machine for example), or if preferences have chnges since last
time I set them, I have no way to know that.

As there is currently no way to not store encrypted messages (like E2E),
I hope the message processing hints [1] will fill the gap.

[1]:http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/message-processing-hints.html

--
Yann