[Standards] Event Logging over XMPP

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Sun Nov 10 14:27:32 UTC 2013

Hello Matthew and all others who responded.

Problem with Syslog is that it sends logs as text messages. This has made many complacent and only sent the corresponding text in a text message stanza as well. However, using the same (or similar) semantics and create a well-defined XML element that can be sent in message stanzas (or pubsub if desired) sounds like a good idea.

Furthermore, I'd like to add a well-defined feature that can be found during service discovery. This would allow for zero-configuration networks, where devices automatically understand to whom it can send events.

Anybody objects if I write a XEP proposal about this?

Best regards,
Peter Waher