[Standards] Proposal: Event logging over XMPP

Steffen Larsen zooldk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 19:58:55 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

First of all great work and perfect to bring this up.. I’ve done this a while now, but haven’t brought it to a broader audience. thumbs up!
So here is my first 50 cent on the doc:

Cool stuff with the tags.. This I can tel you will be valuable for many people. I use these kind of tags all the time to piggy back stuff, that could be valuable in the context.

I don’t like the tag “event”. I think it should be <log> tag instead, no to confuse anybody. I have made several custom XMPP components and client where they have event tag embedded, which have a completely different meaning and context.

Type and Level? I think its too complicated. Only level should be present and with fewer clases.. Debug, Info, Notice… is way too much. People tend to misuse and not think when they have a lot of choices. :-)

-Cheers!
/Steffen