[Standards] Updated: Event logging over XMPP

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Wed Nov 13 13:58:32 UTC 2013

Hello Steffen

Thanks for the feedback. It's a good point that you might want to send multiple events in the same message. But would that not be accomplished with the current structure, but with multiple <log> elements? As so:

   <message from='device at clayster.com/device' to='eventlog at clayster.com' type='normal' xml:lang='en'>
      <log  xmlns='urn:xmpp:eventlog' timestamp='2013-11-10T15:52:23Z'>
         <message>Something happened.</message>
      </log>
      <log  xmlns='urn:xmpp:eventlog' timestamp='2013-11-10T15:54:23Z''>
         <message>Something else happened.</message>
      </log>
   </message>

Or do client implementations suppose only one custom element is sent per message?

If the above would work, should I add an Implementation Note regarding this?

Best regards,
Peter Waher