[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0320 (Use of DTLS-SRTP in Jingle Sessions)

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Thu Nov 14 19:17:19 UTC 2013

Am 14.11.2013 19:48, schrieb XMPP Extensions Editor:
> Version 0.2 of XEP-0320 (Use of DTLS-SRTP in Jingle Sessions) has been released.

Thanks Peter. While I do have another change which might require a
namespace bump I felt that with code in the wild that uses this
namespace it was good to document it and get rid of the combination of
':tmp' and ':0'.

The question which I did not resolve in this version is whether the hash
should be encoded using the format shown in XEP-0300 instead of the
"each byte in upper-case hex, separated by colons" format that SDP uses.

Using XEP-0300 would increase the work required to map this to SDP and
back a litte. Speaking as someone who implements this, I would be
willing to spend that extra millisecond if it keeps my overall protocol
more consistent.