[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Rayo CPA

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Fri Nov 15 10:31:06 UTC 2013

> Abstract: This specification defines an extension to the Rayo protocol (XEP-0327) to provide provision for performing Call Progress Analysis on a call under the control of a Rayo client.

nit: I'd move the CPA definition from the glossary to the intro and remove
the glossary section.

example 1: how about moving the url query parameters to something more
xmlish like
<iq from='juliet at capulet.lit/balcony'
     to='9f00061 at call.shakespeare.lit'
     type='set'
     id='h7ed2'>
   <input xmlns='urn:xmpp:rayo:input:1' mode='cpa'>
     <grammar url="urn:xmpp:rayo:cpa:speech:1">
       <parameter name='maxTime' value='4000'/>
     </grammar>
     <grammar url="urn:xmpp:rayo:cpa:dtmf:1" />
   </input>
</iq>
Is some guidance on error responses to this needed?

nit: Section 5 should be removed, can be readded later if necessary.

Section 7: I think using <iq/> for CPA more or less ensures that servers
will not silently ignore something. At least compliant servers. That
comment also applies to rayo-fax.

Section 8: same story about security considerations.

cheers

philipp