[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Rayo Fax

Ben Langfeld ben at langfeld.me
Sun Nov 17 20:56:44 UTC 2013

On 15 November 2013 08:12, Philipp Hancke <fippo at goodadvice.pages.de> wrote:

> Quick review:
>
> The links (like Rayo CPA in section 2 which should be updated after
> publication of that spec) seem broken, in particular internal ones like the
> <receivefax/> one. Can you fix them before publication?

I can't, because they refer to other unpublished specs yet to be assigned
numbers. I guess this would have to be done by the editor, or numbers
assigned prior to publication.

> Example 2:
> why is presence used here? This seems like it should use <message/>
> instead which would enable logging.

This uses presence because that was what was supposed to represent
intermediate events for components in general within Rayo and its
extensions. What benefit would logging bring? I'm not married to the use of
presence, but I'd like to fully understand the arguments.

> section 6: security considerations are not "none" but provided by rayo.
> We might need some boilerplate text like "This document introduces no
> additional security considerations above and beyond those defined in the
> documents on which it depends." for things that extend other XEPs.

Sure. I'll get that in our repo here:
https://github.com/rayo/xmpp/blob/rayo/extensions/inbox/rayo-cpa.xml

I've also poked somone for feedback on RAYO in general and got a rather