[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Rayo CPA

Ben Langfeld ben at langfeld.me
Sun Nov 17 21:03:03 UTC 2013

On 15 November 2013 08:31, Philipp Hancke <fippo at goodadvice.pages.de> wrote:

> Abstract: This specification defines an extension to the Rayo protocol
>> (XEP-0327) to provide provision for performing Call Progress Analysis on a
>> call under the control of a Rayo client.

> nit: I'd move the CPA definition from the glossary to the intro and remove
> the glossary section.
>
> example 1: how about moving the url query parameters to something more
> xmlish like
> <iq from='juliet at capulet.lit/balcony'
>     to='9f00061 at call.shakespeare.lit'
>     type='set'
>     id='h7ed2'>
>   <input xmlns='urn:xmpp:rayo:input:1' mode='cpa'>
>     <grammar url="urn:xmpp:rayo:cpa:speech:1">
>       <parameter name='maxTime' value='4000'/>
>     </grammar>
>     <grammar url="urn:xmpp:rayo:cpa:dtmf:1" />
>   </input>
> </iq>

That would be tricky since the content of a grammar element is defined by
the core Rayo spec to be an inline grammar itself. I would need to extend
the input element to accept a grammar element from the CPA namespace which
allowed <parameter/> children.

> Is some guidance on error responses to this needed?

I'm not sure. Do you think so?

nit: Section 5 should be removed, can be readded later if necessary.

Nuked :)

> Section 7: I think using <iq/> for CPA more or less ensures that servers
> will not silently ignore something. At least compliant servers. That
> comment also applies to rayo-fax.

I think that text came from the template.

> Section 8: same story about security considerations.

Fixed.