[Standards] BOSH patches

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Wed Nov 27 15:23:26 UTC 2013

On 08-11-13 23:40, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Hi,

> Sitting here at IETF 88 with Lance Stout, I'm reminded to finally
> apply the collected patch he sent me to incorporate all the hard
> work that various folks on this list did earlier this year on
> XEP-0124 and XEP-0206. The rendered files and diffs are as
> follows.
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0124-1.11.html
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0124/diff/1.10/vs/1.11rc1
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0206-1.4.html
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0206/diff/1.3/vs/1.4rc1

I Should have taken time long ago to review these patches. But
comparing the changes to: http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/BoshIssues the
status is like this:

Pipelinening (M&M)
	Patch available but not incorporated
	See mail M&M 18-02-13

Value of 'hold' and Pipelining (Bear)
	patch incorporated

Incorrect Format of 'accept' value in session creation response (Bear)
	patch incorporated

'secure' attribute (Bear)
	patch incorporated
	Note: the 'secure' attribute is still present in the examples
	of XEP-0206

Session Termination and Sending BOSH Errors (Winfried)
	Open

'Content-Type' HTTP Header (Lance)
	patch incorporated

'Hold' and 'Request' Attribute Values (Bear)
	patch incorporated
	Note 'requests' attribute is defined twice in current patches

Session Creation Attributes Too Optional (Bear)
	Open

Unclear Terminology (Winfried)
	Open

Better explanation for "1 sometimes 2 HTTP sockets open" mechanism (M&M)
	patch incorporated

Re-requesting RIDs (Ashley)
	patch incorporated

HTTP-layer authentication and XMPP-layer authentication	(Winfried / M&M)
	Open

Key encoding (Lance)
	patch incorporated

Wrong refs to RFC's (Winfried)
	Open
	Patches to XEP-0206 only delete refs, without replacing them

Conclusion: to my shame, all but one open issues are mine. Some
patches still need a little work.

Winfried