[Standards] Need help with problems regarding XEP-0114.

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Tue Apr 8 16:22:53 UTC 2014

Hello Philipp & community.

Thanks a lot for your input. It helped me solve this issue finally. :) Thanks for your time.

For those with similar problems, or for the record if somebody has this problem in the future, I'll list what was wrong.

Best regards,
Peter Waher

>> However, on the client side, only one message is received, the one with the resource. Furthermore, no error message is returned:
>
>Have you checked offline storage?

Actually, no, I hadn't checked that. Would have been good if I had. The messages that were not forwarded to the client were stored as offline messages.

Since messages were forwarded when given a resource, I just assumed the client was considered to be online, which is wasn't, not in the XMPP sense. It had just connected, been authenticated, started a session and fetched the roster, but not actually sent a presence stanza. So, the server considered it to be offline when no resource was present in a message, and stored in in the list of offline messages, and online when a resource was present.

Not sure if this is the correct behavior or not, but I now get all operations working (except security related opterations like starttls) that are required for the IoT Discovery proposal.