[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0325 (Internet of Things - Control)

Teemu Väisänen uolevi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 17:34:09 UTC 2014

Hi all.

As Peter mentions in LinkedIn thread
https://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&item=5862110582659891202&type=member&gid=49429

"If you don't have the full JID of the sensor, you can publish a <set>
command (XEP-0325) to a node on a pubsub server, instead of embedding
it in a <message> or <iq> stanza to the sensor. If the sensor
subscribes to the node, it will receive the set command and perform
the action."

Has anyone defined best practises for such or will them be defined in
the next version of XEP-0325? I could see pubsub very useful in use
cases when there are, e.g., one million sensors that require the same
command to be executed as fast as possible. So they all just get the
command from a pubsub node right after they come online, but what
would be the best mechanism to tell this node to all the sensors?

Happy Easter.

-Teemu