[Standards] Carbons - inbound messages to bare jid

Kim Alvefur zash at zash.se
Fri Apr 25 11:32:54 UTC 2014

Hello,

It has been brought up that my Carbons implementation does not follow
the Receiving Messages to the Bare JID¹ section.  This section says
include carbons-enabled sessions in the normal forking of messages as
described by XMPP IM².

What I implemented was instead to send carbons-wrapped messages to
carbons-enabled sessions that would not already receive them based on
the XMPP IM rules.  So a message will always be carbons-wrapped if it
was sent because carbons was enabled.  I believe this makes sense, does
anyone else?

¹ http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0280.html#inbound-bare (version 0.9)
² http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6121.html#rfc.section.8.5.2.1.1

--