[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0234 (Jingle File Transfer)

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Tue Aug 12 08:14:56 UTC 2014

Am 12.08.2014 um 01:08 schrieb XMPP Extensions Editor:
> Version 0.16 of XEP-0234 (Jingle File Transfer) has been released.
>
> Abstract: This specification defines a Jingle application type for transferring a file from one entity to another. The protocol provides a modular framework that enables the exchange of information about the file to be transferred as well as the negotiation of parameters such as the transport to be used.
>
> Changelog: [See revision history] (psa)
>
> Diff: http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0234/diff/0.15/vs/0.16

note that even though the multi-file thing was removed, it is still
possible to send multiple contents, each with a single file.

The receiver can accept a subset of the offered files by not including
rejected files in the session-accept.

Peter: I think we can remove the file element from the session-accept.
The file is uniquely identified by the content name. I'm not sure what
the offering client would do with all the values there, it would have to
override them with the ones it sent anyway.