[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Client State Indication

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Tue Aug 19 07:34:23 UTC 2014

nice one! but should not we also advice on how exactly should servers
use such an information? for example, if user is inactive, he still may
want to receive new messages but in order to reduce battery consumption
on mobiles, we would want to batch the notifications and send them
periodically by portions to reduce number of waking up of the radio
module of the mobile device.

>From the other side, that may be unnecessary to other types of devices,
so may be some profiles may be useful? Or we could rely on service
discovery identity categories may be...

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,