[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0332 (HTTP over XMPP transport)

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 10:09:45 UTC 2014

On 13 August 2014 17:12, XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org> wrote:
> Version 0.3 of XEP-0332 (HTTP over XMPP transport) has been released.
>
> Abstract: This specification defines how XMPP can be used to transport HTTP communication over peer-to-peer networks.
>
> Changelog: [See revision history] (pw)

Two small comments:

  1) I see the examples have been fixed for streamid -> streamId.
However it's worth noting that we've always conventionally used
lowercase attributes and element names in XMPP.

  2) Servers that don't route messages in order are violating
http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#rules-order - though we've ended up
with similar attributes in XEP-0047 and XEP-0301, so there is some
precedent. Also both these XEPs call the attribute 'seq', another
opportunity for consistency.

Regards,
Matthew