[Standards] Disco conflict between 30 and 163

Kurt Zeilenga kurt.zeilenga at isode.com
Wed Aug 27 00:10:46 UTC 2014

> On Aug 26, 2014, at 11:42 AM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
>
> Certainly is. But if we're to block all possible jid existence leaks, everything breaks anyway.

I think we as a community need to either say XMPP broadly allows directory havesting or that it doesn’t.  Right now, for a server implementation is torn between specs which state imperatives which are there only to prevent directory harvesting and specs which are implementation requires directory harvesting being allowed.

— Kurt