[Standards] Which XEP can I use to solve this use case?

priya v pria.v03 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 04:52:21 UTC 2014

Hi all,

If I need to implement a functionality (in an XMPP client and in an XMPP
server) whereby I indicate to a user if a message sent by him to another
user has been read/delivered/acknowledged, which XEP should I be
implementing? Additionally, I want the status of the messages to be synced
across all the resources being used by the user.

I was inclined towards using chat markers. But the status of the XEP says
'Deferred'. I look forward to receiving a response from the experts in this
forum.

Thanks,
Priya