[Standards] XMPP or NodeJS ?

kwaye kant gabrielkwaye at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 08:01:05 UTC 2014

Hello to all,

I had an idea to built an instant messaging application like WhatsApp.
My research had oriented me to xmpp protocol.
But this night I was having a discussion with a mate and he seemed to warn
me to use nodeJs instead of Xmpp protocol.
He was not able to explain to me the main difference between the two apart
the fact that Xmpp is not easy to implement.
So I tried to check the NodeJS and I realized it can be combined to
socket.io to build robust and scalable applications.
My question goes to those who have being facing this such of situation. And
as a developer, which solution could be better than the other and why ?