[Standards] XMPP or NodeJS ?

Cramer, E.R. (Eelco) Eelco.Cramer at tno.nl
Wed Dec 17 08:18:58 UTC 2014

Hi Kwaye,

Welcome to the list.

NodeJS is a runtime that allows you to run Javascript code on a server. XMPP is a protocol that allows you to send messages between entities on a network. So these 2 do not compare. You can build an XMPP endpoint using NodeJS if you want. There is an implementation of the XMPP protocol available for NodeJS: https://github.com/node-xmpp/node-xmpp

Maybe you can find some relevant information in the answers on this stackoverflow question that seems to reflect your question quite well!

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5893075/nodejs-vs-xmpp-advantage-and-disavantage <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5893075/nodejs-vs-xmpp-advantage-and-disavantage>

Goodluck!
Eelco