[Standards] Veto on "Privileged Entity"

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Wed Dec 17 10:19:59 UTC 2014

On 16 Dec 2014, at 18:02, Goffi <goffi at goffi.org> wrote:
> I'm curious to see some other opinions on this subject.

For what it’s worth, having implemented ACL ‘stuff’ in an XMPP server, and seeing how this has grown over the years, I think standardising this with a global framework would be something of an undertaking, and I’m not sure I see the light at the end of that tunnel. If we were to want to start down such a road, I think an Experimental XEP such as Priv. Entity might be useful input into the process.

/K