[Standards] XMPP or NodeJS ?

Simon Tennant simon at buddycloud.com
Thu Dec 18 10:26:24 UTC 2014

Hi Kwaye,

On 17 December 2014 at 10:31, Kevin Smith <kevin.smith at isode.com> wrote:

> On 17 Dec 2014, at 09:06, kwaye kant <gabrielkwaye at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Cramer,
> So I can not implement the node-xmpp-server and try to connect to with a
> Java code line. Because the node-xmpp-server does not expose its services
> to consume as a webservice. I think I can understand from now why my mate
> couldn't argue a lot :)
> Let me have a look on the ready-to-go servers list.
>
> Have a look at XMPP-ftw <https://xmpp-ftw.jit.su/> framework from Lloyd
Watkin.

XMPP-ftw sits between your XMPP server and web-browser.

Your XMPP server takes care of all the message routing, and XMPP-ftw
(written in node) takes care of massaging the XMPP messages into something
more browser-friendly: XMPP-in, JSON bits out. Which makes for fast
prototyping of messaging apps.

Hope that helps.

S.
--