[Standards] Blocking command and Privacy Lists

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 23 11:12:40 UTC 2014

* Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> [2014-12-23 11:28]:
> I'm a fan of xep16 and don't see a reason to deprecated it.

The reason I see are the interoperability issues with XEP-0191 clients.
Currently, if users choose "block this contact" in Gajim, that contact
won't appear as blocked in clients using XEP-0191.¹  Nevertheless, most
communication with that contact are blocked.

I think that's a bad user experience.  If we can fix that without
deprecating XEP-0016, I'm happy, but so far I don't understand how that
could be done.

Holger

¹ At least when using ejabberd.  As the mapping rule seems unclear to
  me, I'm not sure other servers behave the same way.