[Standards] Blocking command and Privacy Lists

Kurt Zeilenga kurt.zeilenga at isode.com
Tue Dec 23 13:23:34 UTC 2014

> I think that's a bad user experience.

There’s no way to do this without bad XEP 191 user experience.  You can either confuse the XEP 191 user by saying a contact is blocked when they aren’t completely blocked or say they aren’t blocked when they are partially blocked.   Either way is bad.   We can debate for a long time which is worse, but they are both bad.   I favor leaving it to the implementor to determine which is worse.

>  If we can fix that without
> deprecating XEP-0016, I'm happy,

I have don’t see why we’d deprecate something that’s in use simply because it doesn’t work well with something else in use.