[Standards] BOSH patches, hopefully the last before final

Christian Schudt christian.schudt at gmx.de
Sun Feb 2 12:29:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

sure, I can understand that.

I am of course not in the position to decide about such things (may vs should vs must…) and I can hardly weigh up the real impact of such a change, but I thought status "Draft" is liberal enough to allow such changes.
(If not, I'd be interested in what kind of changes are allowed)

XEP-0047: In-Band Bytestreams changed something, too, when it became Final:

"Per a vote of the XMPP Council, advanced to Final; in addition, specified that the 'block-size' attribute defines the size of the data chunk before instead of after base64-encoding, to accord with existing implementations."

During Draft status the "block-size" was the base64 encoded size. In Final status it is now the byte array size _prior_ to base64 encoding.

This change surely broke some implementations too, which can be seen here as an example: http://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/45667

-- Christian