[Standards] BOSH patches, hopefully the last before final

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Mon Feb 17 15:29:03 UTC 2014

On 17-02-14 15:33, Christian Schudt wrote:

Hoi Christian,

> 'from' and 'to' is really confusing then and I don't quite understand the slight difference.
>
> In my opinion, they should just be analog to:
>
> http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-attr-to

That would by far the most logical, except:

1) XEP-0124 is meant to be payload agnostic. Whatever you want to serve
over it, it should be possible.

2) A BOSH connection manager, even when used for XMPP, is not
necessarily integrated with a XMPP server, it can be stand-alone too.

To cover these cases, the 'to' and 'from' in  XEP-0124 got different
meanings then the 'to' and 'from' in RFC6120. Like it or not, but that
is where XEP-0124 is right now and where it will stay.

And to add a personal note: I am not happy with that either, but it is
what it is.

Winfried