[Standards] Redirection in XMPP?

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Fri Feb 21 16:06:06 UTC 2014

Hello

Is there a means to ask a contact to automatically redirect to another JID for further communication with the friend? Say you have a JID badname at oldserver and want all its contacts to re-friend oneself to goodname at oldserver or goodname at newserver, i.e. you want to rename your JID and move all your friends to the new JID and ask all your friends to do the appropriate tasks to perform the change automatically?

I saw an old deferred XEP handling server redirection in a client to server connection. But I would want to redirect a client->client connection (or friendship/relationship): "My JID is being changed to JID2", or "Connection to JID2 for future communication with me."

Best regards,
Peter Waher