[Standards] Redirection in XMPP?

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Fri Feb 21 22:19:11 UTC 2014

Hello Sergey

Thanks for the input. That would solve some, but not all of what I wanted to do. It would also require the server to respond. In this case the old JID would still be active. I wanted a client to ask another client to "connect NEWJID for further communication with me", and receive an acknowledgement if understood or an error if not understood. (If not understood a chat message could be sent informing the client about the change.) It can be used for renaming JIDs, automatic (& graceful) reconfiguration of networks, etc.

Best regards,
Peter