[Standards] DRAFT: XEP-0152 (Reachability Addresses)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Feb 26 13:50:00 UTC 2014

On 2/26/14, 4:37 AM, Christian Schudt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> nice to see a new specification moving to Draft status!
>
> I have two minor improvements to the document:
>
> 1. The XML Schema is missing the xml:lang attribute for the 'desc'
> element.

Good idea.

> 2. The XML Schema has minOccurs='0' for the 'addr' element,
> although the text says "MUST contain at least one <addr/>" element.

The text says that for publishing, but for stopping the publish in PEP
one sends an empty <reach/> element:

<iq type='set'
     from='romeo at example.com'
     to='pubsub.shakespeare.example'
     id='publish1'>
     <publish node='urn:xmpp:reach:0'>
       <item id='a1s2d3f4g5h6bjeh936'>
         <reach xmlns='urn:xmpp:reach:0'/>
       </item>
     </publish>
   </pubsub>
</iq>

> From a developer's point of view it's always a little bit confusing
> if the XML Schema is not conform to the written text.

Unfortunately it is difficult to capture all scenarios in XML schema.