[Standards] DRAFT: XEP-0152 (Reachability Addresses)

Christian Schudt christian.schudt at gmx.de
Wed Feb 26 14:36:41 UTC 2014

Oh well, you are absolutely right about point 2. Then maybe just consider editing the xml:lang attribute into the desc element in the schema.

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Februar 2014 um 14:50 Uhr
Von: "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter at stpeter.im>
An: "XMPP Standards" <standards at xmpp.org>
Betreff: Re: [Standards] DRAFT: XEP-0152 (Reachability Addresses)
On 2/26/14, 4:37 AM, Christian Schudt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> nice to see a new specification moving to Draft status!
>
> I have two minor improvements to the document:
>
> 1. The XML Schema is missing the xml:lang attribute for the 'desc'
> element.

Good idea.

> 2. The XML Schema has minOccurs='0' for the 'addr' element,
> although the text says "MUST contain at least one <addr/>" element.

The text says that for publishing, but for stopping the publish in PEP
one sends an empty <reach/> element:

<iq type='set'
from='romeo at example.com'
to='pubsub.shakespeare.example'
id='publish1'>
<publish node='urn:xmpp:reach:0'>
<item id='a1s2d3f4g5h6bjeh936'>
<reach xmlns='urn:xmpp:reach:0'/>
</item>
</publish>
</pubsub>
</iq>

> From a developer's point of view it's always a little bit confusing
> if the XML Schema is not conform to the written text.

Unfortunately it is difficult to capture all scenarios in XML schema.