[Standards] XEP-0060 and mark read up to point.

Simon Tennant simon at buddycloud.com
Mon Jul 28 13:06:12 UTC 2014

For buddycloud channels, we're looking for a sensible way to store a users
read state per publish-subscribe node.

For example:

   - a pub-sub node has a large number of posts
   - user reads some of them from oldest to newest on one device
   - client stores "read up to this postID/timestamp" on pub-sub server.
   - user carries on unread posts on a second device.

In this case we're simply trying to store a timestamp/or postID of the
newest message that the user has read up to (vs IMAP style un/read per
post).

Is there a sensible way to implement this per node, per user?

S.
--
Simon Tennant | buddycloud.com | +49 17 8545 0880 | office hours:
goo.gl/tQgxP