[Standards] [buddycloud-dev] XEP-0060 and mark read up to point.

edhelas edhelas at movim.eu
Tue Jul 29 08:31:04 UTC 2014

Why make it difficult when you can make it simple ?

We could create a new XEP by looking how the IMAP protocol works. Each
subscribed user of a node can send a little "read" stanza to the
server. Then the next time eh will request the items of the the node,
the server can add a little tag to show him that this content has
already been read.

We can also add specific stanza like :
- Mark all read
- Mark read until this specific date

But this should be resolved server side and I personnaly dont like the
idea to track these data with an another node, we will have serious
consistancy issues (like we already have with the Bookmark XEP).

edhelas