[Standards] XEP-0060: PubSub questions

Christian Schudt christian.schudt at gmx.de
Sun Mar 16 21:18:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am implementing XEP-0060 and therefore working through the specification.

A few things caught my attention and I'd like to hear your comments about it.

1. "6.5 Retrieve Items from a Node" vs "5.5 Discover Items for a Node" is a little bit unclear. Where's the difference really? I mean, if I want to get the items for a node, should I use 6.5. or 5.5? 6.5 seems to do the same but more complete (i.e. it also returns the item payload).

2. The event namespace defines a "collection" element with a "associate" and "disassociate" element. These are nowhere defined or explained. Are they still needed?

3. Why is there a "presence-subscription-required" error, if RFC 6120 already defines "subscription-required" stanza error?

4. "max-nodes-exceeded" error is defined in XML Schema but not described anywhere. It is still used or is it deprecated?

5. The 'node' attribute is missing in XML Schema for the "http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub" namespace in the "configure" element.

6. The "retrieve-default-sub" feature is missing in XML Schema (#errors) and in "16.3 Service Discovery Features"

Best regards,
Christian